Telmark was looking for a more streamlined way to track their complex process for choosing from a wide list of products and getting pricing right across multiple variables like; pounds, cases, boxes or location.
By working with Telmark on a proof of concept, ITequality helped them to visualize what the future could look like, an ultimately built that vision using Salesforce Revenue Cloud.
Telmark’s Challenge – A complex and idiosyncratic system
- Products need to be spread across many Business Units, with sometimes very different pricing. They need to ensure that every different pricing method coexists in the system.
- Products are priced in 2-5 tiers, based on the total weight (or unit count) across the entire quote. No standard CPQ pricing options can handle the needed level of control over these prices.
- The amount of manual entry left room for error, inconsistencies, and made creating documents to send was time consuming for users.
The Solution – Addressing unique needs with creative solutions
- By assigning each Business Unit a Price Book, we can store information about each one’s individual pricing rules on the Price book itself, allowing CPQ to always have access to what it needs.
- Since each product’s tiered prices are unique and don’t follow the same patterns, we store that information on the product itself. CPQ’s twin fields allow us to keep the information where we need it so our automations can have access to it.
- Our CPQ automations will reference the tier information on the Price Book with the pricing data on Products, and calculate the line’s price based on weight or case count, ensuring the totals are always correct. Document generation is then just a click of a button with CPQ.
The Results – Accuracy & Success. The specific needs for Telmark included several advanced calculations and a complex network of pricing variables.
- The project stayed on budget.
- All customer requirements captured in the original scope were completed, with no change orders or additions.
- In working together for this project, the in house team is able to maintain the system and keep pricing up to date moving forward.