“(ITequality) has done a phenomenal job understanding our needs and executing accordingly. It’s been a long scope to get to this point, but we feel comfortable with what we’ve built.”– Jerome Musini, GSC Logistics
About GSC Logistics
It is the preferred shipping partner for some of the world’s largest retailers, manufacturers, and distributors through the Oakland, Seattle, and Tacoma gateways.
Founded in 1988, IBM was one of its first clients. Since then, they’ve structured their business to meet the unique needs of high-volume businesses.
GSC Logistics Challenge
At the time, they were doing complicated shipping route calculations in google sheets. They had to account for various products such as the length of the truck, what kind of load was on the truck, if there were any tolls etc. It was a manual process requiring very specialized people to complete the calculations.
The Solution – Financial Flexibility. Meeting the customers’ needs on their terms.
- We leveraged a multi-phase engagement to deliver critical needs first and nice to have items second.
- We worked together with the in-house team to help keep costs down.
- The total time to complete the implementation was 6 months due to customer budget constraints.
The Results – Accuracy & Success. The specific needs for GSC included several advanced calculations and a complex network of pricing variables.
- The project stayed on budget.
- Phases 1 & 2 were finished on time.
- In working together on this project, the in-house team was able to take over the system by the end of the project.