Disclaimer: This example follows along with our Revenue Realm series. We may make references to other videos and storyline aspects.
Before we get started, be sure to complete the following steps:
- Go to the managed package settings for the Salesforce CPQ package.
- Check the box to allow multiple orders.
Note: You may not have advanced order management enabled if you don’t see that box. Contact Salesforce if you need additional assistance with this step.
When multiple orders are required, they are often split up automatically, but on occasion, it might be necessary to split up the order manually. Some situations could be if a last-minute notice has come up or if there was some inventory mix-up requiring the system to deviate from the normal process. In this event, we will create multiple orders manually.
Starting on the Quote details page, click on the ‘create order’ button to get started. If you do not have this button, you will need to edit the page layout to ensure the button is available before proceeding with the order management system.
- First, enter a start date, or the system will stop you. For this example, we will start the order next week.
- Now that the order is created, you then edit the order products.
- Clicking on that button, we are presented with the list of items associated with the quote we made the order from.
Some are grayed out if part of a bundle to indicate that those items cannot be split into different orders.
- Any unbundled items, including items from a bundle selection screen associated with a ‘related item,’ can be split into other orders.
- We will update the quantities to include all the products I need from one supplier. These will be small and extra small backpacks.
Next, go back to the quote of your Salesforce order management. You will notice the other items are not yet ordered. Now we can click the ordered checkbox as in previous examples, Generating Multiple Orders Using Advanced order management, and the remaining items will push through.
Now, there are 3 orders:
- The one we added items to manually
- The one containing large items (Automatically Split)
- The one containing small items (Automatically Split)
In this example, we have explored using the create order button for customized order creation. Check out the other revenue realm videos for examples of using the advanced order management system to make multiple orders by quote line group or simply by size.