Self-teaching the complex universe that is Salesforce is not an easy task. Expanding your mental toolbox to include the even more complex areas, like Salesforce CPQ, can be especially tricky! Thankfully there are resources available to help do just that!
Trailhead is a fun and interactive way to learn new skills to help you navigate the road to Salesforce mastery. When it comes to learning Salesforce CPQ, you can count on Trailhead’s easy-to-follow courses to help you learn the basics.
Here are a few Salesforce CPQ Trailhead courses to start adding to your tool belt:
1. Salesforce CPQ Basics
This is the introductory module on the fundamentals and can leave your sales team creating quotes faster than ever before. Remember, it’s always important to have a firm grasp on the basics before you can tackle the bigger beasts!
Trailhead estimates this course will take you roughly 1 hour to complete.
Study Areas include:
- Get started with Salesforce CPQ
- Learn about quotes
- Select products
- Calculate prices
- Generate PDF quotes
- Manage contracts and renewals
2. Salesforce CPQ Features
Understanding the need for Salesforce CPQ is a necessity for the success of implementation. This Salesforce CPQ Trailhead module is specifically designed to help you understand the more advanced features in Salesforce CPQ and how they help optimize sales from lead to cash.
Trailhead estimates this course will take you approximately 40 minutes to complete.
Units in the Salesforce CPQ Features include:
- Importance, benefits, and role of CPQ
- Product and price rules
- Advanced approvals and advanced order management
- How CPQ treats time
3. Salesforce CPQ Order Generation
The last of the three basic courses we’ll mention was specifically created to help you use Salesforce CPQ to generate multiple orders quickly and accurately.
Trailhead estimates this course will take you about 55 minutes to complete.
In this badge, you will learn the following:
- Get started with Salesforce CPQ order generation
- Generate your first order
- Generate multiple orders from a single quote
- Automatically split a quote into multiple orders
4. Go from Lead to Cash with Salesforce CPQ and Billing
This is a more extensive course on Salesforce CPQ and billing that will cover the basics all in one go. This Salesforce CPQ Trailhead Trail was designed to teach you how to optimize your quoting and invoice process and build better team relationships.
Trailhead estimates this course will take you roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete.
This Trail contains 3 modules, 2 of which are the first two courses cited above:
- Salesforce CPQ basics
- Salesforce CPQ features
- Salesforce billing basics
5. Pricing Methods for Salesforce CPQ
Now that you have the basics under your toolbelt, you can start thinking about those larger-scale beasts. This intermediate Salesforce CPQ Trailhead module will help you quote prices with precision using Salesforce CPQ pricing tools.
Trailhead estimates this course will take you around 2 hours and 40 minutes to complete.
Modules in this course will teach you how to:
- Get started with Salesforce CPQ for pricing
- Identify exceptions to standard pricing
- Implement block pricing
- Implement the percent of total pricing method
- Configure cost plus markup pricing
- Create account-based contracted pricing
- Enable manual overrides
6. Learn Salesforce CPQ Admin Fundamentals
This is a high level course and can be more challenging as it pertains to effort, time and knowledge needed. From an administrative standpoint, this course is a game-changer, as it is the ultimate guide to helping your sales team create quotes quickly and accurately.
Trailhead estimates this course will take you approximately 12 hours and 45 minutes to complete.
There are several modules, each containing 4-8 units. Modules in this course include:
- Configurable bundles in Salesforce CPQ
- How to create a home security bundle with product rules
- Pricing methods for Salesforce CPQ
- Discounting tools in Salesforce CPQ
- Salesforce CPQ order generation
- Contract amendments with Salesforce CPQ
- How to simplify home security subscription renewals
ITequality Can Help Put Your Toolbelt to Use
Even with a wealth of resources, implementing and troubleshooting Salesforce CPQ can still prove to be a hefty undertaking! That’s where a team of experts, like ITequality, can help. ITequality is dedicated to providing diverse solutions for Salesforce customers.
Unlike other Salesforce consulting companies, ITequality focuses on your personal learning journey, teaching you how to ‘fish for yourself’ or in this case, ‘configure for yourself’. For more intensive training, we will configure your project with you side-by-side. ITequality can help you build your toolbelt and become a completely self-sufficient Salesforce master!
One Reply to “Introducing Salesforce CPQ Trailhead: Top 6 Modules For Beginners”